Background

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Suck it up and Wait!

Wonderful World of Christie's..Diary From Here We Go Again,

Another move is upon us with the Marine Corps. It's inevitable that every 3 years we are going to move. Timing of this move couldn't be worse, though. I have to move my daughter at the end of her Junior and beginning of her Senior year of high school. Hard? Yes.  Fair? No. I did it at her age and know the havoc it wrecks on the academic and social structure of the child.

My middle daughter is in Middle School. Talk about crap. She gets to begin 8th grade in a new school and I couldn't imagine anything more difficult at that age. My goal is to get us into a neighborhood with kids and kids in her age group! She needs someone people to, at least attend school with on the bus or share lunch with during the day. Sigh.

My son will go with the flow. He is still young enough to just make friends everywhere! I'm not writing off his potential anxiety, but I do see a little more ease in that situation.

The bright spot is that when we move we will move somewhere we have been before. I am the one that must get over the anxiety and potential heartbreak of where we may end up, if it's not where I want move! Happiness is where you find it! I have that sign in my kitchen. It's time for me to suck it up once again and wait! Ugh.
XOXO
Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can do it! Type that comment. My needy side wants to hear from you!